Dr. Carolle Jean-Murat, M.D.
Dr. Carolle was born and raised in Haiti to a family of healers, herbalists, midwives and shamans, and was educated in Haiti and the best universities in Mexico, Jamaica, and the US.
After completing her postgraduate training in obstetrics and gynecology in Wisconsin she settled in San Diego in 1982. She soon was regarded as one of the best ob-gyn around—tall and regal, a lone black female among the elite. But her success harbored a secret: when a patient entered her office, Dr. Carolle could quickly and intuitively see the root cause of her patient’s illness, often times knowing she could help the patient without having to put her under the knife. She knew she dared not make these claims aloud. Struggling to fit in with the Western medical paradigm, her intuition and vision were best left unmentioned until she had no choice than to quit.
In 2005, she built the Dr. Carolle’s Wellness and Retreat Center of San Diego, the only place in the world where you can get UNSTUCK by spending as much time as you want – a few hours, one day, or a weekend with her. She helps those who want to quickly discover the root causes of their dis-ease, which usually are hidden emotions. She provides guidance on how to bring them to consciousness, and how to effectively deal with them.
Dr. Carolle has worked extensively with female veterans who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) due to sexual trauma during their military experience – MST, to include in-depth assessments, providing specialized alternative treatments, and testifying on their behalf at the Department of Veterans Affairs. In July 2012, she joined forces with Tara Wise, the founder of the National Military Women Veterans Association to help bring MST – military sexual trauma to the forefront.
Dr. Carolle continues to provide free intuitive gynecological and primary care to the people of Haiti and underserved women through Catholic Charities and St. Vincent de Paul Village with Father Joe Carroll, the Volunteers in Medicine-San Diego for the uninsured in El Cajon, and Native-American Health programs. In 1993, Dr. Carolle founded the non-profit organization, Health Through Communications Foundation and its Angels For Haiti Project to provide the underserved with education, health-care, and hope for the future. See www.HealthThroughCommunications.org.
As an international motivational speaker, Dr. Carolle brings her message of self-empowerment to women through her award-winning books, CDs, DVDs, live workshops and training programs, radio, media appearances and virtual events.
Books by Dr. Carolle
- Voodoo in My Blood: A Healer’s Journey from Surgeon to Shaman – Bettie Youngs Books Publishing 2012.
- Is It My Hormones – Or Is It Something Else: How to find out what’s REALLY causing my physical, mental, and emotional symptoms—and what to do about it – Coming soon.
- Award-winning Menopause Made Easy: How to Make the Right Decisions for the Rest of Your Life – with a chapter on Healthy Aging by Louise L. Hay, published by Hay House 1999 – French version 2008 La Ménopause Démystifiée: Comment prendre des décisions éclairées pour le reste de votre vie.
- Contributing author of Heart of the Holidays, 2007
- Mind, Body, Soul & Money: Putting Your Life in Balance, Mosley Publishing, 2002
- Natural Pregnancy A–Z, published by Hay House, 2000
- Contributing author of Millennium 2000: A Positive Approach by Louise L. Hay and Friends, 1999.
- Buena Salud: 10 Pasos Simples Para La Mujer, 1994