Dr. Carolle Jean-Murat, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
- Physician innovator
- Founder of Dr. Carolle Healing Sanctuary of San Diego
- Chief Medical Officer of Heal Medical Group, Inc.
- Integrative, compassionate and personalized healthcare expert
- Physician Burnout Prevention Coach
- Advisor to healthcare executives who want to promote quality, compassionate and personalize healthcare
- Advisory board member Hôpital de St. Joseph, Ridoré, La Vallée de Jacmel, Haiti
- CME and Workshop Presenter
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Intuitive Healing Mentor to residents at the University of California California San Diego School Of Medicine 2017 to date School Of Medicine
- Preceptor, Family Nurse Practitioner, Cal State University, Long Beach, School of Nursing 2016 to date
- Clinical mentor for underserved students at San Diego States University, through the HCOP Program 1995 to date
- Clinical Instructor University of California California San Diego School Of Medicine 1985 to 2000
- Landmark Forum & Leadership & Management Training Program 2003-2004
- April 1994 to May 1995: “Intensive Program in Primary Care, Sharp Health Care, San Diego, CA
- September 1978 to August 1982: Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin; affiliated with the University of Milwaukee and the University of Madison, Wisconsin, Medical School. This included one year of elective in Pathology, Oncology, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, General and Obstetrical Anesthesia.
- August 1977 to July 1978: Social Service in General Medicine working as a general practitioner for men and women, including doing home deliveries in underserved areas of Mexico – Department of Public Health, Mexico.
- July 1976 to June 1977: Rotating internship in General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics, University of the West Indies, Medical School, Jamaica.
- August 1972 to June 1976: Medical School, Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico
- September 1966 to June 1970: B.S., Lycée du Cent- Cinquantenaire, Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
US Exams Passed:
- ECFMG 1977
- FLEX 1981
- Written Boards, American Board of Ob-Gyn, June 1982
- Oral Boards, American Board of Ob-Gyn, December 1985
Other Professional Activities:
- Reviewed medical records and testified at the Department of Veterans Affairs for female veterans suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder – PTSD, due to military sexual trauma.
- Reviewed medical records for compliance with appropriate medical standards, Medical Board of California.
- Past chairman, Mortality and Morbidity Review – Grossmont & Alvarado Hospital, San Diego, CA.
Awards and Honors:
- Outstanding Resident Award for 1980-1981, Dept. of Ob-Gyn, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin., 1981.
- Certificate of Appreciation, City of San Diego, 1983.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Women in Business, San Diego State University, 1984.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1985.
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 1985.
- The Salvation Army, Certificate of Appreciation, 1985.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Federally Employed Women, 1985.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Flying Hill High School, 1986.
- Certificate of Commendation, Naval Air Rework Facility, “Federal Women’s Week,” 1986.
- Certificate of Appreciation for Community Workshop, Southeast Counseling and Consulting Services, 1987.
- Certificate of Honorary Membership for outstanding and Valuable Service, San Diego State University Pre-Medical Society, 1989.
- Certificate of Appreciation, United Way, 1989
- Certificate of Appreciation, Catholic Charities, Diocese of San Diego, 1991.
- Rachel’s Women’s Center’s Award, in recognition and appreciation for commitment of providing quality medical care to homeless women through the Medical Screening Program, 1986-1991.
- Woman of Distinction San Diego Regional Conference for Women, 1992
- Community Leadership Award, Channel 10, (ABC, San Diego affiliate), 1993.
- Matriarchal Award, Woman Care, 1994.
- Outstanding Black Leader Award, Channel 8, (CBS, San Diego affiliate), 1995.
- San Diego Book Award for Staying Healthy: 10 Easy Steps For Women, 1995.
- African-American Women’s Conference “Salutes Carolle Jean-Murat, MD for outstanding services to health care, 1995.
- Honoree for Outstanding Health Care Services, Lambda Kappa Mu Sorority, Inc., 1995.
- Honoree for Health Services National Council of Negro Women, 1995.
- Outstanding Black Leader Award, Channel 8 (CBS San Diego affiliate), 1995.
- In Appreciation for 8 Years of Service, Southern Indian Health Council (SHIC), Inc., 1996
- Certificate of Appreciation Catholic Charities, Diocese of San Diego, 1996.
- In recognition and appreciation for commitment of providing quality medical care to homeless women through the Medical Screening Program, 1986-1996.Rachel’s Women’s Center’s Award, 1996
- Special Recognition, The Peter F. Drucker Award for Nonprofit Innovation, St Vincent de Paul Village, Physicians Reach-Out Program, 1997.
- Certificate of Appreciation for 10 years of outstanding services and excellence in medicine, Southern Indian Health Council, 1998.
- Woman of Excellence, Beta Sigma Pi, 1999.
- Certificate of Appreciation, San Diego City Schools, for participation in the annual African American Student Role Model Conference “Touching the Spirit.” 1999.
- San Diego Book Awards, Women’s Issues – 1999 for Menopause Made Easy, 2000.
- Certificate of appreciation, the University of California, San Diego, Chicanos & Latinos for Creative Medicine, 2000.
- Bob Marley Peace Award, for “efforts in advancing the global cause of equality, justice, and peace – Children for Haiti Project, 2002.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Florida Haitian Student Association, 2003.
- Women Who Mean Business Award, San Diego Business Journal, 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation, St. Vincent de Paul Village Family Health Center, in Recognition of Your Deep Commitment and Outstanding Devotion to Our Organization and the People We Serve, 2004
- Women of Distinction Award, Soroptimist International of Vista, 2005
- Physician Volunteer of the Year Award, St. Vincent de Paul Village Family Health Center, 2007
- Certificate of Appreciation, African American Business Women of Vision, 2009
- Speak for Success, Women’s Leadership Institute, Women Changing the World, 2009 Honoree, Women’s Advocate.
- International Women’s Day Outstanding Service Award! The Women’s Information Network (The WIN) for extraordinary efforts to make a positive difference in the world, 2011.
- Library Champion Award for building communities through wellness education, San Diego County Library, 2011.
- Lifetracks Lifetime Achievement Award for making a difference in the lives of women in the world, 2011.
- Physician Volunteer of the Year Award, St. Vincent de Paul Village Family Health Center, 2012.
- USA TODAY’S Finalist: BEST MEMOIR for Voodoo in My Blood: A Healer’s Journey from Surgeon to Shaman, 2012.
- San Diego Book Awards, Memoir for Voodoo in My Blood: A Healer’s Journey from Surgeon to Shaman, 2012.
- Honoree: Beautiful, Brilliant, and Brave: A Celebration of Black Women – Women’s Museum of California, 2014.
- Fraternité Valléenne, Inc.: With heartfelt appreciation and gratitude for dedication to education and child development benefiting Vallean youths, 2017
- Certificate of Appreciation, Volunteer in Medicine, 2018.
- Certificate of Appreciation, La Vallée Student Association, 2019.
- Private practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Diego, CA., 1982 to 1992
- Private practice in Gynecology and Primary Care, San Diego, CA., 1992 to 1999.
- Private practice in office Gynecology, Primary Care, San Diego, CA., 1999 to 2003
- Private practice in office Gynecology, Primary Care, and medical intuitive San Diego, CA 2003 to 2005.
- Gynecology – free services, Haiti & St. Vincent de Paul Village Family Health Center, San Diego, CA from 1997 to date.
- Intuitive and integrative consulting practice and adult medicine from 2005 to date.
- Chief Medical Officer of Heal Medical Group, Inc., 2016 to present
- Daily Miracles: A Day in the Life of a Healer – Short Story Series. The second book of her four-book series. In this series, Dr. Carolle shares over forty years’ worth of amusing and heartwarming true stories, 2018
- Funny Bones: A Day in the Life of a Healer – Short Story Series. The first book of her four-book series. In this series, she shares over forty years’ worth of amusing and heartwarming true stories, 2018
- Heal Your Life: 25 Ways to Unleash Your Innate Healing Powers by Finding Your Purpose and Connecting With a Higher Power, 2017
- Award-winning Voodoo in My Blood: A Healer’s Journey from Surgeon to Shaman, 2012
- La Ménopause Démystifiée: Comment Prendre Des Décisions Éclairées Pour Le Reste de Votre Vie – incluyant un chapitre sur vieillir en santé de Louise Hay, 2008
- Mind, Body, Soul & Money: Putting Your Life in Balance, 2002
- Natural Pregnancy A-Z, 2000 –Hay House
- Award-winning Menopause Made Easy: How to Make the Right Decisions for the Rest of Your Life, with a chapter on Healthy Aging by Louise Hay, 1999 – Revised Edition – 2002 –Hay House
- Contributing author of Millennium 2000: A Positive Approach by Louise L. Hay and Friends, 1999
- Staying Healthy: Women Wellness Series, Audio cassettes Series, 1995.
- Buena Salud: 10 Pasos Simples Para la Mujer, 1994
- Award-winning Staying Healthy: 10 Easy Steps for Women, 1994
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of the vagina in a young woman, a case presentation and review of the literature, 1982.
Dr. Carolle is one of the ten worldwide doctors featured in Fabulous Female Physicians in The Women’s Hall of Fame Series by Sharon & Florence Kirsh.
TV Show Host:
- Let’s Stay Healthy – half-hour TV talk show 1996-1997
Health Columnist for:
- San Diego Voice & View Point
- Bayviewer Newsletter
- Advisory board member: GE Financial Center for Learning, 1999-2004
- Founder and president of Health Through Communications Foundation 1993
- Founder Haitian Society of San Diego, 1994
- Board of Directors, Goodwill Ambassador: CODEVA, La Vallée de Jacmel, Haiti, 1999 to present
- Boards of Directors CODEHA Haiti, 2003 to present.
- French, Haitian Kreyol, Spanish, English, Italian.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- National Organization for Women
- Planned Parenthood Association
- Frequent trips to La Vallée de Jacmel, Haiti to provide much needed medical care to an underserved region 1999 to date
- The Salvation Army
- San Diego Urban Indian Center
- House of Rachel for Homeless Women, Medical Screening Program, 1986 to 1999.
- Mentor, UCSD School of Medicine for minority students.
- Mentor, UCSD Post-bachelors program for minority students
- Mentor, San Diego State University (SDSU) HCOP program for minority students interested in health care.
- Gynecological services at St. Vincent de Paul Village Center for the Homeless, 1997 to present.
- A gardener who designed and planted most of the fruit trees and flowers at the Dr. Carolle Healing Sanctuary of San Diego
- A landscape designer
- A painter whose artworks have been featured in art shows, a mixed-media muralist.
- An internationally acclaimed speaker and seminar leader in four languages.
- Multiple features on TV, Radio, Newspapers, and Magazines.
- Radio Talk Show Host in English and Spanish.