All presentations and workshops are delivered as a 1-hour CME conference or from a ½ Day to a 1 Day CME Workshop – all tailored for your specific need.
Making the Best Out of Each Patient Encounter: How to Prevent Physician Burnout & Minimize the Risk of Malpractice Claims
1-hour CME conference or a ½ Day CME Workshop
On a recent survey, 7 out of 11 causes of physicians’ burnout are closely related to their interaction or lack of with patients. In this presentation, attendees will learn strategies they can implement with each patient’s encounter, whether at the office, in the hospital, in the ER or Urgent Care clinic.
This course is designed for physicians, NPs, and PAs in all settings.
The purpose of this presentation is to provide attendees with the information necessary to maximize the time spent with patients, improve their relationships with them, create instant trust, feel satisfied after each encounter, reduce the likelihood of burnout and malpractice lawsuits.
- Create a welcoming environment for patients from beginning to end
- Maximize the time spent with each patient
- Learn proven communication techniques to enhance patient satisfaction and build instant trust
- Learn a culturally-sensitive approach to building lasting and trusting relationships with patients and their family
- Learn to use key communication techniques that focus on body language, compassion, and relationship-building
- What to say or not to say in sensitive situations
- Learn to prevail under time constraints. It’s not about the quantity of time spent with a patient; it’s about quality of time
- Learn how to make every encounter very powerful for both you and your patient. Your patient feels validated and understood, thus minimizing disappointments and inadequate healing, and decreasing the chance of malpractice claims
- Tools to replenish yourself after each encounter